The first full presentation of a fundamental aspect of marx the concept of need what are needs while the edifices of economic theory are built upon various mechanisms designed to satisfy human needs not many economists have addressed the idea of need itself. 1 marxs life and works karl marx was born in trier in the german rhineland in 1818 although his family was jewish they converted to christianity so that his father could pursue his career as a lawyer in the face of prussias anti jewish laws. Geras says of marxs work that whatever else it is theory and socio historical explanation and scientific as it may be that work is a moral indictment resting on the conception of essential human needs an ethical standpoint in other words in which a view of human nature is involved 1983 pp 83 84
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.