The black country gained its name in the mid nineteenth century due to the smoke from the many thousands of ironworking foundries and forges plus also the working of the shallow and 30ft thick . The black country by alex grecian is a period piece taking place in the 1890s of victorian england in reading the book i felt that it could have been written in most any coal town anywhere in the world up to the present day. My preferred theory is that there is a huge amount of coal under the black country which might explain how it became the heart of the industrial revolution in the first place. The black country living museum formerly the black country museum is an open air museum of rebuilt historic buildings in dudley in the west midlands of england it is located in the centre of the black country 10 miles west of birmingham
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.