A shrine jinja is a sacred place where kami live and which show the power and nature of the kami its conventional in japan to refer to shinto shrines and buddhist temples but shinto shrines . There are two kinds of torii if the gate is a plain one without any decoration on it you know that it is a pure shinto shrine if the shrine has a plaque on its gate it is ryobu shinto which means shinto that has been influenced by buddhismnote unconfirmed must verify. This is a list of well known shinto shrines in japanshrines with structures that are national treasures of japan are covered by the list of national treasures of japan shrinesfor shinto shrines in other countries scroll down to the see also section shinto shrines from specific sects or new churches are not included in this list
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.