The legacy of graphic artist william hogarth 1697 1764 remains so emphatic that even his last name has evolved into a common vernacular term referring to his characteristically scathing form of satire. Cynthia ellen romans edition of collected essays on the legacy of the english engraver printmaker and painter william hogarth 1697 1764 is a timely tribute to one of the most iconic figures of the eighteenth century visual satire 250 years after the artists death. Hogarths legacy as working artist we all take for granted the effects of copyright laws protecting our creative endeavors but few of us know the debt we owe to one particular english artist whose lobbying was directly responsible for the english parliaments passage in 1735 of the first copyright laws
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.